Friday, June 21, 2013

WrocLove, I am in love with you.



Hey everyone!!!
Now I am pretty busy with my PhD studies, so I don't have a lot of free time to make new posts. Sorry for that . ;(
There is an unpublished post that I made few months ago.I found it in drafts recently. I feel I just should publish it right now to share beautiful pictures of winter Wroclaw, Poland.
I don't know why but I totally adore Wroclaw. I love these old streets with gorgeous buildings, mostly built by Germans in the beginning of the 20th century. Sometimes I even find some street names on house walls, still in German language.

Some history...
Wrocław is really old city, it is about 1000 years old. During the middle ages time it became a German city. It was called Breslau for a long time. After the Second World War  the city was mostly destroyed: about 70% of the buildings were damaged. Soon many of them were rebuilt. After the war, the  Wrocław became Polish and the German citizens left the city. It has been called by its Polish name Wrocław ever since.

So today I am very much inspired  to post wonderful winter photos about Wroclaw.I hope you enjoy them as much as I do . :)
hugs, 
Irka

All photos are made by Nik Yurovsky, NY, USA.Thank you, Nik :*















No comments:

Post a Comment